i'm alive and well

Sunday, August 22, 2010

A New Be[nto]ginning


So, I'm not sure if any of y'all have heard of bento- it's from Japan, and it's a way of packing a lunch. [Pretty much] I discovered http://www.anotherlunch.com/ and read her entire blog. Realized that bento is pretty flippin cool, as is Melissa. :) She inspired me to purchase some fake bento boxes while at Walmart today & give bento a try. If I seriously like it, I might look into purchasing some actual bento boxes via the internet. Anyhow, the horse day camp for the little kiddies starts tomorrow, and since I'm helping out, I need to bring a lunch. So just now, I buckled down and made my first bento box. :D Remember I have next to no clue what I'm doing, so check out anotherlunch for the real scoop on bento & let me know what you think.


Without further ado, my first bento lunch:

Alright, so starting on the top left and working our way down...

-Turkey & swiss on a fresh baguette roll

-Baby carrots

-Fiber chocolate bar

-Strawberries

-Lemon cake w/strawberries

-Swiss cheese dino

Who's amazing? Me.

<3>

PS: My riding instructor, Laura, had her daughter a few days ago. Baby McKenna has serious heart problems & was rushed into emergency surgery today. Please pray for her & keep her in your thoughts.


2 comments:

  1. Josh and I do something similar to Bento for our lunches :)
    His is more bento-ish in terms of his lunch box, (he has a laptop lunchbox) but I pack food more bento-ish. (As in the more healty, waste-free style) I'm excited that you're starting this!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woot! I love it already. :) Bento-ish is fun to say. Also, found a bunch of woot-ly cookie cutters to use. Though I had to buy my dino cut-out, it is definitely the best. :)

    ReplyDelete