i'm alive and well

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Yesterday, I came home from school feeling downright awful. My stomach was queasy, I had a headache, and I could barely move without feeling like I was going to pass out. I popped two extra-strength Excedrin, drank two glasses of water, ate a sugar-free Popsicle, and did what everyone has to do sometimes-
I took a nap. I fell asleep sometime around 3, and slept for two hours. Around 5, I woke up, groggy and disoriented. I had that half-asleep feeling, you know? Where you're not quite awake yet, and you still have that warm, fuzzy sleep feeling? Yeah, I know. Greatest feeling ever, right?
Anyway, I glanced over at my clock, and noticed it read 5. Being half-asleep, I forgot I had laid down to nap and assumed it was morning. I had such a happy feeling- if it's 5 AM, I thought, I have another hour to sleep before getting up.
Around five seconds later, I realized it was actually 5 PM, and needed to get up to eat dinner and head to work. I overslept, in actuality, rather than underslept. Now, some people might get angry- pissy that they were late. But I simply shrugged it off. I just needed to get ready faster, and maybe eat dinner on the way instead of at home.
Overeaction just spawns anger and frustration.

No comments:

Post a Comment