i'm alive and well

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

[For those who read the last post- yes, I've calmed down.]

Last weekend, I was chilling at my cousin's house, sampling Sunkist's Sparkling Lemonade (if you haven't heard/tried it, do so immediately, it's fantastic) and listening to crappy music while my younger cousin (she's three years younger than myself and my male cousin, therefore wayyy uncool, right?) was being weird. It's like her occupation- do weird shit. Like attempt to skateboard in their carpeted basement and not expect to fall. Or trip over her dog. Or suddenly realize, in a lake, that she can't touch the bottom, even though she's practically a fish.

Anyway. We were hanging out in the basement, me lamenting the fact that I just blew $100 on a new Ipod nano (split it with the pops, woot for parents) but it had no songs on it [I had literally just bought it on the way there], him getting pumped for the money he would recieve later on for his birthday and the party he was going to the next day with his friends. [He goes to a private school, and DAMN! those kids are loaded. I've seen pictures of houses that put MTV's Teen Cribs to shame.] Later we ventured up for food, and my aunt [not his mom, my other aunt] mentioned that she and my uncle were going out of town next week [now this week] and would my sister be interested in watering plants, refilling bird feeders, etc, while they were gone? Well, my sister works at Taco Bell and probably makes $5,000 a year, which as a just recently high school graduate, is pretty good in my opinion. She's still at home too, so no paying rent. Just gas.

I casually mentioned that big sis was awfully busy lately, but I was pretty free, and the mom or the pops could easily get me over to her house to do it. She, while a little skeptical of my plant watering ability, agreed.
Just a few days ago, I recieved her very detailed instructions. These intructions were listed for a full page and a half. I can condense them into:
-Water the flowers with the watering can by the hose
-Water the vegetables with the can or the bucket by the hose
-Replace the water for the stray cat
-Rinse and refill the hummingbird feeder
-Top off the mixed bird seed and replace the suet cakes if needed
Everything you need is in the garage, the door code is *numbernumbernumbernumber*, please shut off the water and shut the garage door when you're done.

Pretty simple right? And I only have to do this for three days- tonight, Thursday and Saturday. They'll be back Monday. Well, first off, she also mentioned that she'd leave my money for doing this in an envelope in the garage refridgerator. I'm not sure why she left it in the fridge, but to each their own. Secondly, I was expecting like 25-30 bucks sorta deal, since I really wasn't doing much- I wasn't feeding her dogs or walking them, since they were at a kennel- but I found inside the envelope sixty bucks.

Must be nice to not have kids, that's all I'm saying.
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment