i'm alive and well

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Well, whoop de doo. It's Nancy Drew.

Why yes, yes it is! In fact, I'm practically always Nancy Drew- I rather enjoy being Nancy Drew.

She's smart, pretty, witty, is knowledgable about EVERYTHING, has an amazing boyfriend, has some swell best friends, can travel through time and not age at all, visit other countries at the drop of a hat, and is a decent cook.

Who wouldn't enjoy being Nancy Drew? But anyway, I'm here to review a Nancy Drew game, Stay Tuned for Danger, the second Nancy Drew game ever. So here we go! First of all, here's the outfit I created for this game:
Fantastic, no? Yes.
Now that you have my visual for the game, let's begin.
Summary:
You, as Nancy Drew (of course), are invited to stay with soap opera star Mattie Jensen so you can help figure out who's sending her co-star, Rick, threats. It's a rather snoozer of a summary, I'll admit, but keep going. In a few twisted turns of events, you'll become an extra and get to see (a little) of what goes on behind the scenes.

Characters: 5/10

Here's who's who

-Mattie Jensen: Your host, so to speak, the star of a soap opera and slowly recovering from a relationship with costar Rick, Mattie just seemed kind of flakey. Whenever you started to talk to her, she'd usually interupt, saying she needed to go over lines or needed to go to the studio. Frustrating? Oh yes.

-Rick Arlen: Good gosh, this man puts all men to disgrace. He's a bit of a jerk, and a player, but won't admit to either. He's the one recieving threats, and after meeting him, you'll understand why. Still, as Nancy, you have to help him. Ugh.

-Lillian Weiss: the director of the soap opera, she doesn't like you. Get used to it, there's one of these people in every game that you just HAVE to get angry. She'll get over it, don't worry.

-Dwayne Powers: A cheeseball, kind of fluffy character. And I don't mean fluffy like a delicious pastry filled with cream cheese and chocolate, and I don't mean fluffy like fat. I mean fluffy like poorly put together. You'll see what I mean if you play- he just seems...not there. I'm not sure if it was intentional or not.

-Millie Strathorn: The heir to the company producing the soap, Millie runs the prop room with an iron fist. She might have a prop facination, which now that I think about it, she pretty much does. Or maybe a riddle facination. Anyway, she's an odd. You don't really interact with her much (I think I talked to her once).

-Ralph!: The fluffy security guard. This time I mean fat. :) I love him simply because he always has a doughnut. Or a bagel. But I prefer to think that it's a doughnut.

Setting: 5/10

New York City should be fun. It should have awesome places to go. Instead, you have three places: Mattie's apartment, the broadcasting studio, and Dwayne's office. All of which are pretty boring.

Spooky factor: 1/10

Nonexistant. Except for the occasional creepy music, no scary parts at all.

Snooping: 10/10

It's pretty much all you do, but it's fun. :)

Graphics: 4/10

Sorry, HER, I know it's your second game. But it's only an improvement cos the characters are 3D now too.

Total: 5/10

Definitely not my favorite. It had it's moments where I thought it was getting better, but not really. The ending was super easy though, so if you panic at the end, do this one- I think I'm gonna say it's the easy ending of the games. I was a little disappointed by the culprit, and their motive. But whatevs. I'll say that for it's time, it was pretty awesome. But with newer games out, it's fading fast.


No comments:

Post a Comment